We are an independent contractor and are not directly affiliated with any pest control companies. Since we are not involved in the treatment process, we have nothing to gain by saying you have bed bugs or not. Upon completion of our canine bedbug inspection, you will receive an honest, un-biased assessment of your bed bug status.
Residential pricing is based on size or square footage of the home. Minimum pricing of $250 plus tax is standard for many residences. Larger homes or additional areas added to the inspection route will increase the price proportionally. Additionally, traveling to locations out of our contiguous counties can increase the pricing.
Ask us about Senior Citizen, Military, and First Responder discount.
Pricing for commercial buildings begins at $250. Additional pricing considerations will be made for evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays. Discounted pricing may apply for proactive inspections set up on a re-occurring schedule.
Health care / senior housing / apartments / dorms are calculated in a different manner. Please call for additional pricing information.
Any items not mentioned above can be inspected for bed bugs upon your request (such as vehicles, boats, theaters, campers, stores & more).
Please call so we can discuss your situation and specific pricing.
Mileage and/or overnight fees may apply for locations that involve travel over 80 miles.
Please read the checklist below and prepare your search areas accordingly before the arrival of the handler team. This checklist will be reviewed prior to the commencement of any searches.
- The canine handler will first assess the areas to be searched.
- Any pets and litter boxes need to be removed to an area not involved in the search.
- The handler team will not move items during their inspection and will search the premises "as is". If there is a specific area/item you want searched, it needs to fully accessible upon our arrival.
- Toys of any sort, pet food, human food, water and all medications can not be accessible to the bed bug detection canine.
- Noise and human distraction must be minimized to create the most effective search environment for the handler team.
- Air conditioners, heaters and all fans must be turned off 30 minutes prior to the handler team's arrival. All windows need to be closed as well.
- Extinguish all smoking materials within the home 2 hours prior to the inspection. This includes any air freshener products such as plug-ins.
- In order to keep the dog focused on the job at hand, any socializing must wait until after the search is complete.
Once the above conditions are met, the bed bug detection canine will perform at its' highest possible accuracy rate. However, if the handler deems the search area to be hazardous to the canine, Buckeye Bed Bug Detection reserves the right not to search the area in question.